Drivers can be convicted for a variety of motoring offences but the most common one is a speeding offence. Research by Admiral that provides car insurance has revealed that Exceeding the statutory speed limit on a public road (Code SP30) is the offence that more drivers are convicted of than any other.
Below is a list of the top 10 driving convictions: –
1. Exceeding the statutory speed limit on a public road – Code SP30
2. Exceeding speed limit on a motorway – Code SP50
3. Failing to comply with traffic light signals –Code TS10
4. Exceeding goods vehicle speed limits – Code SP10
5. Using a mobile phone whilst driving a motor vehicle – Code CU80
6. Using a vehicle uninsured – Code IN10
7. Driving or attempting to drive with alcohol level about limit – Code DR10
8. Exceeding speed limit for type of vehicle ( excluding goods or passenger vehicles – Code SP20
9. Driving without due care and attention – Code CD10
10. Exceeding passenger vehicle speed limit – Code SP40
As you can see, 50% of the driving convictions in the top 10 related to some form of speeding offence. We are sure that you will agree this is a concerning feature as speeding puts so many people at risk of being involved in a road traffic accident that could result in the injury or death of one or more people and/or cause damage to vehicles and property.
Of course, if you are convicted of speeding, not only could you be fined but also have penalty points added to your driving license. As a result, when your car insurance policy comes up for renewal then you may well find that the cost of proving motor insurance has gone up. Don’t forget that you ought to consider shopping around for cover and one way of doing this is to use the services of one or more price comparison websites that have access to an extensive panel of motor insurers. Why not get in touch with ourselves and we will be happy to try to help you source competitive car insurance.